From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 11:25:17 -0700
I believe Richard P.  is correct and that BMG has exclusive Melodiya
rights, at least officially.  There is much coming out of Russia nowadays;
bootlegs, reissues on other labels, etc...  The label Icone Classics (dist.
Albany) has pretty cool stuff, mostly standard and Russian rep but all by
distinguished conductors & artitsts, usally Rozsdestvensky, Oistrakh,
Rostropovich, etc.

There is also, for lovers of the very obscure, a little production in
upstate New York called Supraphon (no relation to the Czech label!) and/or
Esta Realty run by a man named Emil Star.  He issues weird obscure old
Soviet recordings, on cassette only, by composers that sometimes we've
never heard of.  If you can stomach the cassette format the rep is unusual
enough.  You won't find these at any store probably!!

   Esta Realty Company
   PO Box 574
   Tarrytown, NY  10591

Bob K.