From:
Andrew Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 21:57:21 -0400
I asked Don Satz:

>>By the way Don, have you heard Com[m]otio (for organ)?

and he replied:

>No I haven't.  But I'm sure that I will in the near future.  I just want
>to finish up on my appreciation of the piano works before I hit the organ
>pieces.  Which recordings of Nielsen's organ works are recommended?

There aren't many versions to choose from right now, but I would go with
the Danacord keyboard music set DACOCD 363-364 with Finn Videro (he played
the piece for Nielsen in 1931).

Getting back to the Zapolski's version of Nielsen's String Quartets Nos 1
and 4, its not just the lack of rough edges, its the lack of any sense of
propulsion in their performances.

Best wishes,
Andy Jackson