From:
Mark Knezevic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 10:18:27 +0800
Greetings all.  I was wondering if anyone knew of a book that had an index
of all tunes/melodies ever composed (I think it spans over 'classical'
'pop' and whatever).  I heard about such a book talking to someone on
the internet but I cannot remember what the name of that book is ...
I think it is in the format of a dictionary or some sort of catalogue.

Anyway, I'm not sure how it works exactly - like how it has the melodies
and such indexed - whether or not they just have a small staff with the
melody on it or not.  But I'm just looking for such a book.

The guy told me it was on Amazon.com, but seeing as I can't remember the
name of the book that information doesn't really help me at all much:).

I'm actually looking for the cliche themes of that 'carnival theme' that
everyone knows so well but doesn't know who composed it, as well as that
weird theme that I can only call "the credits theme from Honey-I Shrunk the
Kids". Anyway, if anyone could help me with that book or those themes I
would be grateful:-)

-Mark Knezevic

 [There are two books that come to mind, and both are listing on the
 reference page of the Scores & Books section of Classical Net, with
 direct links to Amazon for ordering.  The best known is "A Dictionary
 of Musical Themes" by Barlow & Morganstern.  -Dave]