From:
Susan Juhl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:34:54 -0700
Today is Randall Thompson's 100th birthday.

We've discussed his music.  Because of List members suggestion, I listened
to almost all of his work with great pleasure.  MCML is a great source.
These are the pieces I played on my Thompson tribute program:

   Suite for Oboe, Clarinet, and Viola
   Frostiana
   Symphony No. 2
   The Peaceable Kingdom
   String Quartet No 1 in D minor
   Alleluia

I had no room for Testament to Freedom.  The balance was good with those
six works.  (Frankly, I'm not a fan of the music in ToF.) The most
"popular" work: Frostiana.

Susan