From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 18:11:22 +0200
Noboru Inoue writes;

>What is best CD for Bach' Cello Suites ever?
>It's Pablo Casals.

Yet again, there is no thing as a "best on CD", in any case I much prefer
Pierre Fournier (DG Originals) and Peter Wispelway (his second on Channel
Cl.) as complete sets - The recordings of Casals (EMI) are at best an
historical document of a grate cellist.

>What is best CD for Brahms's Symh Number One ever.
>Beinum/ACH 1952?.

As I still do not care much for Brahms, I will not argue about this; but
say that Furtwangler (EMI Ref's) is as convincing as anyone would need.

>No opposition, probably.

Not? - After two years on this list; the, by far most important thing
I have lernt is that there is nothing like the probobility of "NO
OPPOSITION", there is nothing like universal acclaim for any recording
ever, what remains is individuals that are attached certain recordings,
that they get loud about, some that we can agree on, some that we dont.
I know couse I've been there myself..

peter lundin, gothenburg.se