From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:36:35 PDT
Concerning the composer series program on PBS, here in New Mexico, the Land
of Enchantment, we have no need to worry about attracting new folks to the
series.  It simply isn't on at all for anyone to watch; instead, we get a
show about Indian names and symbols.  It's regional appeal that counts.

Overall, I tend to be optimistic about the future of classical music.
The applicable population is very small, but it is dedicated, intelligent,
and loaded with monetary resources.  The money aspect is very important.
It provides power, control, and influence.  Without these ingredients,
classical music would be "dead in the water."

My sole concern for the future involves the reclassification of
classical music(I'm still on this kick).

Don Satz