From:
Thomas Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:07:54 -0400
The Tiegerman release is $24.47, plus whatever for shipping but out of
stock at CDWorld and only $22.38 with .99 at TotalE.  I dropped my
membership a few months ago to EveryCD because TotalE was often within
a few cents of their price (It does vary, though).  EveryCD takes much
longer to ship.  I get my Total E orders within two days!!!  One of the
secrets to searching omn TotalE, however, is not to search with the
"artist" selection but with the "key word" one.  As Allan and I found
out, "key word" gets many more pianists than "artist" does.  Just a bug
in the system.  Now if you had ordered back when Allan and I first found
the site you could have had $10 off your first order of any amount plus
free shipping.  Whatever you do, do not compare prices without including
shipping, tax and membership.  Allan is on the money with that
recommendation.  Of course some places such as BMG are still a bargain
even after the shipping and tax are calculated in.  Berkshire, of course,
is still tops for discontinued and CD Choice for online used classical.
Berkshire takes three or four weeks but is worth the wait.  CD Choice
shipments come to me in about three days.  Can't beat the price of the
shaded dog I got at Salvation Army Thrift shop today for .99, though.
Thrift shops are the way to go for LP's unless you are looking for
something specific in which case Leslie Gerber at Parnassus Records has
been best for me in my 25 years of dealing with him.  (He is not a price
gouger and is very honest).

Thomas R. Jones, record hoarder:)