From:
Billy Kitson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 06:10:04 +1000
Chris Bonds wrote:

>Back then there weren't so many distractions like TV and ubiquitous "pop"
>music, sports, etc.  A concert was a first-class way to break out of the
>daily routine.  It was also an emblem of the finest in culture and
>entertainment, even then.  It was an EVENT.

Perhaps a Bach Cantata @ the St T Kirke in Germany was an EVENT?? But I am
delighted NOT to have been obliged to attend?? Consider the temperature in
Early January in Inland Germany - I doubt if the Church had either Heating
or Ventilation?? Seats like Concrete?? Under rehearsed Choir and "Band" -
Half the Congregation with "Flu" or Worse?? A Sermon that would have seemed
like 3 weeks?? I don't think recreating the Original atmosphere in this
case has much to offer?? WHAT ELSE DID ONE DO IN VIENNA - THE EMPEROR WENT,
THEREFORE HUNDREDS OF "FLUNKIES" ATTENDED OR ELSE??

Help sure is needed for CM??
Bill(Y).