From:
Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 11:49:36 +0800
Don Satz writes:

>I don't have the Duchable/Plasson, but a review in Gramophone was highly
>negative.  The Gramophone conclusion was that Duchable displayed not one
>trace of poetry - just a bunch of note banging.  I'm going to acquire it
>regardless; I have a very high opinion of Duchable and am very interested
>in his approach.

Two weeks ago, I bought a 3CD box set of Chopin piano pieces on the Erato
label, played by Duchable.  I bought the box set on impulse because it's
cheap and I have a great liking (or bordering on obsessiveness) for Erato's
sound recording for piano (witness Monique Haas's recording with Debussy
piano works).  HIs performance of Chopin's piano works is very good.
Anyway, I do not know much about this French pianist and his output.
Any opinion on Duchable's output, anyone?

CHeers
Kar MIng