From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:44:21 -0800
Mark Seeley queries:

>Has anyone heard the new Zander on Telarc?

I have; we got the promo in last month.  I'm not familiar with that many
versions of Mahler 9 [Tennestedt on EMI, Lopez-Cobos on Telarc], but I
found him at least deliberate and in love with the score.  The set includes
an extra CD with Zander on listening to & performing the 9th which is
pretty cool.  Also a copy of the first MS page of the score with his
scribbles and notes on it, pictures of the unusual orchestra configuration
reccomended, et al.  The sound is good as usual.

Bottom line: I liked it.  Well-presented.  Sounds nice.  As good as any I
know (not saying much).

Bob K.