From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 21:49:12 +0100
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]> articualtes:

>Borresen- a Danish composer, turn of the century; a Danish effort
>(Samfundet til U.  ...) dedicated to preserving Danish music insured that
>Borresen's 2nd quartet and 3rd symphony achieved fairly wide circulation
>(many libraries have scores of them, though only now are they being
>recorded - the quartet on cpo, I think, and the symphony on da Capo and
>I think also on cpo).

Boerresen is a nice composer...late roamntic, inspired by Norwegian Johan
Svendsen, but not really with the freshness that is significant for
Svendsen.  I can recommend his Violinconcerto and 1st Symphony on
Naxos/DaCapo.

James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>