From:
Geoffrey Gaskell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 14:19:45 +1300
I've just got enough time to recommend to those who enjoy the Elgar 'Sea
Pictures', and anyone else who might happen to be interested, that Sir
Charles Villiers Stanford (1852-1924) produced two excellent sets of
orchestral songs: Songs of the Sea, op.91 and Songs of the Fleet, op.117.
These have been recorded by Benjamin Luxon with the Bournemouth Symphony
Chorus & Orchestra conducted by Norman Del Mar (that admirable
'know-it-all' in matters of Richard Strauss).

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a rush just now so: "It's Westward ho! to Trinidad,
and Eastward ho! to Spain, and Ship ahoy! a hundred times a day"

Geoffrey Gaskell [log in to unmask]
http://freeweb.digiweb.com/music/Gustav_Mahler/