Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 14:29:42 -0700
From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Richard Pennycuick writes:

>It occurs to me that younger members of the list - say <35 - probably
>don't own any LPs, or a turntable.

I think you'd be surprised.  I had a turntable before I had a CD player
(I'm about 26).  A lot of people I know collect vinyl and have record
players.  Of course, most of it is pop music (PM?).  There are a lot of DJs
that have brought a resurgence of LPs.  Admittedly most of -my- vinyl is
pop too.  (I spent years getting every Jefferson Airplane album on vinyl.)

Of course most CM is not issued on LP anymore.  Check that.  I think I mean
"all".

The only "record" store in Santa Fe (i.e.  the one that has LPs) has
LOTS of CM on vinyl, for cheap; very cheap.  I have picked up a few things
there; a nice Mozart "Il re pastore" that you don't see much anymore.  Oh,
and Ives Sym 2 with Ormandy/Philadelphia Orch.  For like $3!!!  Can't
complain.

>They assume perhaps that the cornucopia of music we take for granted is
>a common experience for all of us.

Can you say more about this? I don't exactly understand but I sense you're
saying something interesting.

Bob K.