Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 21:09:22 -0500
From:
Andrea Hakari <[log in to unmask]>
Janice Rosen writes:

>I will be in New Orleans and Minneapolis-St. Paul on business the end of
>June and early July this summer.  Any information on opera or classical
>music performances in those two cities around those dates?

During that time in Mpls/St.  Paul, there should be quite a bit going
on.  The Minnesota Orchestra does a lot all summer.  I think Sommerfest
officially opens on July 7.  Sommerfest attracts pretty big names - I heard
The King's Singers last summer.  There are regular concerts given, also.
Web site is http://www.mnorch.org

Also, check out the Minnesota Opera
(http://twincities.sidewalk.com/link/11214) and the St.  Paul Chamber
Orchestra (http://twincities.sidewalk.com/link/11212).  Sorry I don't know
much about either group, having only heard each once live.

If you're into wind bands, http://www.visi.com/~diazwalby/band.html is
a listing of community bands in Minnesota.  It's a pretty big thing, so
there's sure to be some band concert somewhere in the Twin Cities every
night all summer.

BTW, is anyone familiar with the summer music scene in Columbus, Ohio? I'll
be moving down there in late June to start graduate school and need some
sort of release from New Testament Greek!

--Andrea Hakari
Unofficial webhead, http://www.kingssing.com