Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 08:49:29 +1000
From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
James Zehm's request on the splendidly-named Herrera de la Fuente rang a
faint bell, and I am able to report that Xalapa (aka Jalapa) is in Mexico
and that I have two CDs on which both the orchestra and Mr de la Fuente
appear.  Both of these are of Mexican music and so it seems a safe bet that
he is Mexican as well.  One of the CDs is of music by Revueltas on Catalyst
(mentioned recently in other posts by me and others) and contains no info
about either conductor or orchestra.  The other is on IMP, contains music
by the usual suspects and may well give the details James wants - but I
can't find it.

In common with other listers - or so I assume - in the interests of sanity
I've developed a system of alphabetising my music collection by composer.
This does not work very well with a CD like the one in question, so I need
a mental cross-reference for which composer it's filed under.  I can't find
it under any of those, nor under "Mexican" and it's going to drive me to
distraction until I find it, so I thought I'd better pass on at least this
much information in case I need to spend the weekend recuperating from the
search.

Murphy's Law suggests that when I find the CD, there won't be a bio of de
la Fuente anyway!

Richard Pennycuick