Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:18:20 PDT
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Joseph Previte wrote:

>...I want to convey that many times in the past when I wanted to 'test'
>out a piece of music I was unfamiliar with by buying a cheapo version,
>more often than not, I walked away from the experience disappointed and
>initially believing I detested the music.

I was hesitant to bring this subject up, because I didn't want to be
"fingered" as a big spender(which I am).  Joseph has bravely entered the
fray, and I agree with his opinions.  My view is that bargain discs compete
with the "universe" of available recordings.  Sure, it hurts less to waste
$6 than $17, but it still stinks and leaves you with nothing of value.
"Buy smart, not cheap."

>I usually take advice from trusted sources (Steve S., Deryk B., Berto B.,
>Karl M., Lionel(Singapore), Joel H., Marcus M.  and others from the list)
>plus friends and others.

That's a lot of folks.  I tend to pay strong attention to the
recommendations of Jonathan E., Richard P., Ulvi Y., and John B.Y.  This
list is a great place to get recommendations once you've gained insight
concerning the individual preferences of others.

Having multiple personalities, I would be a hazardous source of
recommendations.

Don Satz