Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:31:56 EDT
In a message dated 6/15/99 6:47:56 AM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

>  Is there a recommended RPM that will not damage the
> comb or foundation?

   My wristwatch tachometer is in the shop but I also have an extractor like
you describe.
   Start slow increase speed slowly then stop and reverse the frames and
start slow on the other side.  You will end up turning the frames in your
extractor around 2 times this way but you will avoid blowouts if you only
spin them fast when both sides are already more than half empty.
   I find blowouts from the back side of the comb to be more of a problem
than blowouts from the front when you first start cranking.  Brand new snow
white combs tend to blow out a bit more than combs that have been around a
few seasons.