From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:27:45 -0800
I just gots to ask, how many people are killed by bees and/or honey bees
each year in your country?

I just read a news clip from France that reports that....<FRENCH PRESS>
1.16 Wolfs under attack in Switzerland,.. "In Switzerland 20 to 30 people a
year die from bee stings every year," Narcisse Seppey said. "Yet no one
suggests that bees be wiped out."

Anyone from Switzerland or Europe want to add to this with official or
unofficial information. Such as in the US we have a history of 12-16 deaths
from "bees",  unofficially we had no deaths from Afro bees in 1998 and
fewer then the historical average deaths from "bees".

Its hard to understand how a country like Switzerland with few honeybees
can lose so many people from bee stings? Maybe they have "killer" bumble bees?

Chow, Chao, the OLd Drone

For the complete French Press story
http://beenet.com/bnews.htm