From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 12:08:03 -0400
Hi All:

There has been some interesting discussion about requeening using queen
cells.  I have also noted though some posts (I think by Dave Green)
mentioning that there is a certain time that the queen larvae are very
delicate.  What exactly is the time period (days from grafting) when the
larvae are delicate?  What methods do people use for transporting queen
cells during the day from yard to yard?

I just finished moving hives into blueberries last night.  The early date is
a record around here.  They burst into bloom overnight practically because
of some unusually warm weather.  I moved nearly 900 hives in five nights.  I
know that is probably not a big amount for some people, but I was pretty
pleased.  The method used was lifting them, not on pallets, but on straight
hive stands that hold five hives in a line (as I described once before).  In
a couple of weeks when I am moving them off the berries I will take a couple
of pix and mail them to Allen for his transport page.

Regards, Stan