From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 18:05:43 +0200
Deryk Barker [[log in to unmask]] replies:

>James Zehm ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>
>>Ah!  I knew it was 1969, but for your sake - and I happends to know that
>>you are very interested in Eroicas - I checked my recordings (I have it
>>both on cassette and CD), and fore my eyes there is written: Beethoven
>>3, Berliner Philarmoniker/Herbert von Karajan, Berlin, 22 September 1969.
>
>Sounds like another "private" live recording. What label is it on?

In ancient times there were an Italian label named "ConcertO" (Yes, with a
large o in the end), which sold off all those famous recordings to very
very cheap prices - I bought eveything I found by Karajan, Furtwaengler,
Celibidache, Markewitch...They have as black covers as "NAXOS" are white,
the Eroica we are talking about has an image of Napoleon on it. I have
never seen this label elsewhere, and I doubt you will find it. I haven't
since.

James Zehm