From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:01:18 -0500
>Dave Lampson writes:

>The earliest year to jump out at me was 1653, in which Arcangelo Corelli,
>Georg Muffat, and Johann Pachelbel were born.  OK, kinda light (not as
>light as you might think - Pachelbel was a significant composer of organ
>music), but what the heck.

Muffat's still on the map here in Munich.  There's an auditorium named
after him--about a three-minute walk from the Philharmonie.  He's also
played, once in a while, on our classical radio stations here.

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]

 [I consider Muffat to be a major presence in the mid-Baroque.  My "light"
 comment was really aimed at the fact that most people know Pachelbel
 only for the canon.  -Dave]