From:
Paul Cornaby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:21:54 -0800
I like Gade's chamber music although I would hesitate long before putting
it up with Mendelssohn's. The recording industry, in spite of the pustules
on its nose, has made many previously unknown and obscure works available
to us.  Acquiring the music is another matter; for instance, does anyone
know who publishes Gade's chamber works?  I have sometimes, in extremis,
gone to the Library of Congress and to various university libraries for
copy machine versions of out-of-print works, but even the LOC is wanting
in terms of completeness.

Paul