From:
Allan Gotthelf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 21:14:14 EDT
Kar-Ming Chong:

<< I wanted to purchase this disc:
 Gieseking plays Debussy (Preludes Book 1) and Ravel (Gaspard de la Nuit)
 Pearl-Koch label

 Does anyone know if Pearl-Koch is associated with EMI? The reason is
 because I have the EMI version of the Preludes and I have no intention in
 duplicating my copy. Info is much appreciated. >>

For many such questions the best place to start is with the catalogue at
Tower Records' on-line site.  Theirs is perhaps the fullest catalogue yet
on line, and often gives recording dates.  Admittedly, you have to be a
detective to answer some of these questions on line, if you can at all,
but Tower's catalogue is a good place to start.

I can't give your their URL because I access it through a "Keyword' on
American Online.  But I assume any search engine can find it for you.

Allan Gotthelf