From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:26:44 -0700
James Zehm wrote:

>And not only Mahler. I have a tremendeous Bruckner 2 on Pilz conducted by
>Alberto Lizzio, obviously a ghost. Does anybody know who this Lizzio really
>is (in this set)? The symphony is brieftakenly taken after all, and I
>warmly recommend it!

I still have that long article which "outs" some of the orchestras and
conductors on these cheapo labels.  It claims that, in this instance,
"Albert Lizzio" masks Carl Melles and the Austrian Radio Symphony.
However, Lani Spahr (whose opinion I would accept) insists that the
recording by Melles is completely different.  Just to thicken the plot
further, Lani identifies the Bruckner 2nd on Vienna Masters that is
credited to Hans Zanotelli as the same performance as that credited to
"Lizzio".  I *think* Hans Zanotelli is real so it may be him on the
"Lizzio".

>Is this Petroschoff a ghost too?

Yes.  Let me know if you would like the article to which I am referring.
I offer it every few months and is most interesting.

Tony Duggan
Staffordshire,
United Kingdom.