From:
Danielle Woerner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:06:01 -0400
Papageno and Magic Flute -- I think it's partly the anti-archetypal
message one of the other writers referred to, and Mozart's humanity
coming out alongside his mystical/Masonic/spiritual (and by the time of
his death and the fearful writing of the Requiem, even superstitious)
side: a message that ordinary folks who fart, giggle, and don't give a
rat's tail about any exalted mission in life have as much right to what
brings THEM happiness as anyone else.  I adore Magic Flute: for the
Shakespearean interplay between the serio and the comic, for the
heavenly music, for the mythic, fairy-tale magical qualities.  Not wild
about the boxes some of the people get put into some of the time, but
that's kind of what happens with fables and symbols.

All for now,
Danielle Woerner
 www.hvmusic.com/artists/danielle