From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 22:55:23 -0400
Andrea Hakari wrote:

>Any suggestions to branch out this early music obsession?

I recently picked up, more or less at random (but partly because Spanish
music is one of my predilections, if not obsessions) "Music From the Time
of Christopher Columbus" done by Musica Reservata on Philips 432 821-2.  A
very spirited and varied selection of pieces by Antonio de Cabezon, Juan
Fernandez de Madrid, Juan del Encina, Antonio de Cabezon, Alonso de
Mudarra, and others.

Too bad, however, that the "New World" was actually discovered by the
Chinese long before.

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]