From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 16:10:13 -0400
Kai Czepiczka wrote:

>A few weeks ago my wife went to a concert where Shostakovich's "Chamber
>Symphony" op. 110a was performed.  Unfortunately I had not the opportunity
>to go there myself, but she told me that she recognized some tunes from the
>"Piano Trio No. 2" op. 67 (the beginning of the Allegretto).  So I wonder
>if op. 110 a is based on op. 67, anyone who knows this?

The Chamber Symphony is, in fact, an arrangement by Rudolph Barshai
of the Quartet no.  8.  The Quartet, in turn, quotes from another of
Shostakovitch's earlier works, including the Opus 67 piano trio.

Richard, who invites you to visit his music, outdoors and other WWW sites at:
http://infoweb.magi.com/~richard/