From:
Mark Seeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:44:31 -0500
John Detwiler wrote:

>This is my favorite piece of music, bar none.

This is perhaps my favorite piece by Mahler, too, but I vacillate
between the 9th and the 5th.  The Ninth is a welcome return to the more
conventional, and convincing, notions after the formal departures of the
Seventh and the Eighth.

Be on the lookout for The Cleveland Orchestra's new release on Decca/London
of Mahler's 9th coupled with Hartmann's 2nd.  A reviewer from Europe thinks
it is quite an achievment.

Has anyone heard the new Zander on Telarc?

Mark