From:
John Dalmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 00:21:45 -0500
Mimi Ezust writes;

>I listen to (classical music) while driving in the car, or while chopping
>vegetables for dinner, or while gardening and doing other household chores,
>or while drawing or knitting. We often listen to music at dinner . . .

Sounds like my wife.  She can also listen to classical music while talking
on the telephone.  One night last week she listened to most of Mahler's
Ninth (Levine) while talking on the phone long distance with an old high
school chum in Chicago.  Afterward she said, "I wish you were playing
something less depressing while I was talking to Peg."

My wife can also listen to two compositions at the same time.  Last
Christmas I was playing some Bach, and walked into the kitchen to find her
listening to a Christmas concert on TV.  "Judy," I said, "don't you want
to hear the Bach?" "It's okay," she said, "I can hear both."

Well, both you guys have it all over me, or maybe I just don't get it.

John Dalmas