From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:23:40 PST
Kevin Sutton responds to me:

>> I don't think I could handle more than 10 minutes of solo flute,
>> never mind 3 hours.
>
>Well, Don, may I recommend one hour of wonderful solo flute music.
>That being the 12 fantazias by Telemann as played by Kuijken.
>Outstanding and sublime music.  I also very much like the Telemann
>sonatas for two flutes as recorded on Naxos.

Thanks for the recommendations.  I'll probably give the Naxos disc a try in
the interest of personal finances.  If I can't get through the entire disc
in one sitting, I can certainly get through it with 6 breaks.

Goodness, I don't know about other list members, but I have a list of discs
to obtain that seems to grow exponentially.  Magazines, music web sites,
list member recommendations, and my own insights provide many good sources
for purchasing decisions.  The problem is that most everything looks so
good, and I'm not one to postpone pleasure.

Don Satz