From:
Tadeusz Drzazgowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:05:53 +0100
One of my favourites kind of music is this one which is dark, which
frightens me for example soundtrack from "The Omen" movie.  It is rather
strange, some of you guess that I am crazy, but im my opinion the fear
is so necessary feeling as love, joy, suffering.  I am sure that some
composers like the other people suffered and scared in their lifes, many
of them were unhappy and poor, like ...  Boccherini.  Let's think about
Mozart's death.  For many of these great people the loneliness and sad
mood were the only friends.  My english is awful but I think that you
underestand me.  And ...  when the were sad, when they were scared they
composed this kind of music that expressed their feelings.

Sometimes we need to listen to the dark even which are (in your opinion)
dark and fearful. But don't touch the satanistic subjects, please.

My tips:

   Musorgski's "The night on the bare mountain"
   Wagner's works (but which?)
   Brahms works (but which?)

What do you thin about it?

Regards