From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 19:49:32 +0100
Aaron J. Rabushka wrote:

>I need some help from some of our Hungarian correspondents on the correct
>title for Bartok's opera. I had thought that it was "A Keckszakallu Herceg
>Vara," yet when I mentioned this to some people from Budapest they said
>"That's not Hungarian." The Hungaroton record from which I got it is buried
>somewhere, so hopefully someone on the list can come up with the proper
>title.

"A Kekszakallu Herceg Vara" is what I always believed is the correct title
for "Duke Bluebeard's Castle". There are some accents, which I don't think
can be produced here, but I can mark where the accents shall be:

A' Ke'kszaka'llu' herceg va'ra

Hope this is understandable. I don't understand why the ungarians react as
they do.

James Zehm