From:
Ruben Stam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 08:59:24 +0100
John Dalmas wrote:

>I remember the Sixth in the 1969 "Honeymoon Killers" and the Fifth in the
>1971 "Death in Venice." Can any of the tune detectives out there refresh my
>memory of others?

I don't know whether it was distributed abroad, but there is an early 80's
Dutch film called 'The Ice-cream Parlour', about the friendship between a
Jewish emigree in Amsterdam and a German officer in the early years of the
occupation in WWII.  The two are Mahler buffs and listen to the Mengelberg
recording of the 4th on an old grammophone.  The soundtrack at the end of
the film is actually the 1984 Haitink recording.

Ruben