From:
Aaron Rabushka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 08:02:20 -0600
One of my former trombone teachers used to say that when the major Russian
(I don't remember if this was Moscow or St.  Petersburg) conservatory was
set up the directors imported Germans to teach trombone, and Frenchmen and
Italians to teach horn and trumpet.  He characterized all Russian trombone
players as "woofy" and decided that he didn't like the USSR Defense
Ministry Band's recording of the Rimsky-Korsakov trombone concerto--until
he heard it.

Aaron J. Rabushka