From:
Loke ShiukTung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:27:32 +0800
Anu asked:

>...a question to performers (conductors, artists and orchestra memebers)
>and general audience - are Asian audiences too lenient??? Everytime I
>attend a concert here in Asia, I feel cheated, the performers (well known
>ones) are at best mediocre ...."

Let us look at it from the supply point of view.  Generally top notch
singers, players, orchestras don't reside in Asia and it is not very often
that one have the opportunity to attend a concert by such greats.  In other
words, supply is low, very low.  CM listeners thus become more tolerant in
general.

Regards,

Loke