From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:16:36 PST
I was hunting down some recordings on Music Boulevard and discovered that
the third volume of string quartets of Ignaz Lachner has just been released
on the Amati label.  For those who have the first two volumes, move fast
to get this installment.  For those who are not familiar with his string
quartets, all I can say is that they are excellent and should be greatly
enjoyed by those who like the chamber music of Spohr, Reicha, Onslow, et
al.

At the same time, I ordered the Finzi Clarinet concerto on Naxos; for some
reason the local stores do not have it, although they have tons of Rubsam
doing Bach and the Kodaly Quartet doing Haydn.  Anyways, it was just a
matter of time before I'd become acquainted with the Finzi concerto.

Don Satz