Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 11:48:38 -0700
From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Oops. Reneging already, but had to post this...

Ron Chaplin waxes:

>Sarah Brightman does it for me.
>
>Last week, my 18 year-old daughter and I were in the local Barnes and
>Noble, in the music section.  On the store's sound system was playing
>a woman singing Nessun Dorma.  My daughter and I looked at each other
>in disbelief: it was horrible!

Wow.  You really have not lived until you've heard Michael Bolton's
version.  It's enough to make you cry...cry "Stop!  Stop!  Oh, for the
love of the Gods, Stop!" That whole CD of his is...unbelieveable.  As
in "I don't wanna believe it."

Michael Botlon: My Secret Passion (opera arias)
Sony "Classical" 63077

His "Che Gelida Manina" is almost worth the purchase price.  (Well...not
really.  Maybe worth going to the listening station for laffs.] It had me
rolling on the floor for at least 15 minutes.  [Or what seemed like 15
minutes..probably more like 3-5 minutes.  Ha.]

(I haven't heard the Brightman yet...looking forward to it...)

BTW: Williams' "Phantom Menace" soundtrack now tops Billboard Classical
Crossover Chart, finally displacing Mme.  Brightman from No. 1 after a
long rein.  A step up? I think so...

'Nuff said.  Y'all probably got your licks in on the Bolton disc before I
even got on the list.

Bob K.