Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 09:16:45 +0100
From:
Ian Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Billy Kitson asks about Jon Leifs.  I would recommend the film "Tears of
Stone", if you can get hold of it.  This tells the story of Leifs' career,
up to the escape from Germany to Sweden.  Having recommended the film,
I ought to forewarn interested list members that it is in Icelandic and
German, so please do check that your copy has English sub-titles (unless
you're fluent in both these languages, of course).

There was also an interesting article on Leifs in the Gramophone
Explorations special on Nordic music, which was published (I think) in
1996.

Ian Foster