Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 07:09:55 -0400
From:
Mitch Friedfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Patrik Enander wrote:

>I've read a lot of good things about this budget label for example the
>Beethoven Symphonys, Beethoven Cello Sonatas, Brahms Organ Works
>
>Has anyone heard good CD:S from this company?

I'm gradually collecting the Baerenreiter edition of the Beethoven
symphonies under Zinman.  Have only heard 5 and 6 so far, and am having
trouble understanding how the major labels can charge triple the price that
these Arte Nova discs are going for (the 5/6 pairing went for $4.99 at a
recent sale at Tower).  Based on one hearing of this one disc, I'd say this
is a label to take seriously.  Their Mahler 5 earned at least one posting
of praise a few months ago over on the Mahler-List, but it appeared that
few people had heard it.

Mitch Friedfeld