Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 08:58:37 +0100
From:
Ian Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Patrik Enander asks for recommendations from the Arte Nova catalogue of
budget discs.  I would recommend Volume 1 of the Arte Nova collection of
Schubert's Lieder (74321-46497-2).  The soprano soloist is Doreen DeFeis,
an artist otherwise unknown to me (though American list members may know
more than the brief booklet notes provide - if so, I'd be interested to
hear myself); the piano accompanist is Kenneth Duryea.

One of the delights of this disc is that it doesn't just give the old
standards.  There are some genuine rarities mixed in with Ave Maria and
Gretchen am Spinnrade.  These include several of Schubert's Italian songs.

The booklet gives the text of the Lieder, but no translations.

Ian Foster