Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 10:59:16 EST
From:
Bernard Gregoire <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] wonders about our takes on the Bernstein Century
rereleases:

This listenner is highly impressed by the rerelease activity of Bernstein
Century discs which I have heard from Sony.  We are presented with the
great Lenny's interpretations which are subject to critical comment from
"experts" of all colors on this list and elsewhere.  What is thought of the
performances seems unimportant to me as many compositions are not available
in any recorded form for the majority of CM lovers.  These performances on
the current Aaron Copland disc with Sym #3 and Sym.  for Organ and
Orchestra (63155) have been out of print since the early '80s and never
available as compact discs.  Although the late '60s sound is a bit, dated
the reproduction is better than the LPs ever were and quite satisfactory
given the original session tapes.  I find no fault with the Bernstein
interpretations.  Hooray Peter Gelb!  Keep em comin'

Bernard Gregoire
Hingham, MA