Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:35:02 -0500
From:
Gerald F Pillay <[log in to unmask]>
Please allow me a tribute to Yehudi Menuhin.  A great man is one who
touches the lives of simple people, changing them forever.

It was he who truly first spoke to me of music, through the Sibelius Violin
Concerto (1956).  I now realise that his voice has never left me.  By his
directness, understanding and reverence, like Wordswoth, he gave me that
certainty which is light.

Some years later I dedicated the second movement to Mabel on our wedding
(1962), and it has lived with us ever since.  In my humble opinion, none
can compare with his, not even Heifetz.  One understands everything at
once.

Many years later, I was to have the same experience with his TV performance
of the Brahms.

Yehudi Menuhin was truly among the greatest, for he was profoundly the
servant of music.

Gerald Pillay.