Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:33:50 +1100
From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Deryk Barker wrote of Garrick Ohlsson's version of Busoni's Piano Concerto:

>As indeed might either the Ogdon or Donohoe recordings, both superior
>to Ohlsson's IMHO. Both currently oop, of course...

I saw a small ad recently for Philips 456 913-2 John Ogdon:  I (Great
Pianists of C20) which contains the Busoni, Alkan Concerto for Solo Piano,
Rachmaninov Sonata 2, Scriabin Sonata 4.  No further detail on the Busoni
was mentioned but as it's unlikely that Ogdon recorded it twice, I assume
this to be Old Faithful.  Not only do you get what is, apparently, a better
version (I haven't heard Olsson), but some extra music and for less money.

Richard Pennycuick