Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 13:29:10 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Bernard Gregoire wrote:

>The wholesale criticism of record company management that this
>thread has implied is really a cheap shot IMHO.

I was laying it on "thick" to highlight some points.

Nobody on this list is more of an advocate for "free enterprise" than
I am.  On paper, it is THE perfect economic system.  In the real world,
it is something other than perfect, because it is subject to the same
negative aspects of human nature that exist in every other area of life.

In a perfect economy, the record companies would reflect and respond to
the musical demands of the population; they would essentially faciliate
and insure efficient processing of musical products and services from
originators to consumers.  In the real world, the companies also try to
shape/alter/control/create demand.

I'm not suggesting that any of this will change; it won't.  However,
I think it's wise for consumers to recognize these activities and
appropriately take steps to remain the master of their decision making.

Don