From:
P-O Gustafsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 23:11:59 +0200
> mentioning that there is a certain time that the queen larvae are very
> delicate.  What exactly is the time period (days from grafting) when the
> larvae are delicate?

I have found that the first days when the cell is capped, the larvae is still
feeding from the jelly at the top of the cell and will fall down and die if the
cell is handled roughly. If I have to touch cells at that time (cell protectors
to avoid waxing up) I hold them upside down.

> What methods do people use for transporting queen
> cells during the day from yard to yard?

There is a handy unit called Carricell, that I have been using for several
years. A battery operated portable incubator that hold cells in foam trays. Made
in New Zealand by John Dobson (address from Nicks Homepage).

--
Regards

P-O Gustafsson, Sweden
[log in to unmask]  http://www.algonet.se/~beeman/