From:
Andrew Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 00:21:03 -0500

Mr. Shanks wrote in rebuttal:

>It sounds very much like that inimitable bitch-artist James Svedja, at
>least in his distaste for Harnoncourt.  Whatever blows yer skirt up, I
>guess.

How do you know? I always draw the blinds before I read Svedja and I
certainly don't parade into Towers in bagpipe and skirt.  But two or
three got the identification.  One thing we agree he is a madman and
nobody writes like him.  Our disagreement is that I'll still skirt
around Von Carryon and thank Crazy Jim for many good tips.

You don't disagree with him about the Bach performances, do you? You are
worked up over the Beethoven issue, right?

The Jim Sveja Flat Earth Fan Club
A. Carlan, El Jefe