HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:05:42 +0800
In Western Australia imports and exports patterns were studied through
historical documentation by Graeme Henderson.

Henderson G 1977 From sail to steam: shipping in Western Australia, 1870 to
1890. Masters Dissertation. Uni. of Western Australia.

 I wrote about the effect those trading patterns had on settlement patterns
in WA and the material culture side of that will form part of my thesis on
the Northwest frontier but I have not published anything on that aspect yet.
No-one else, as far as I know has looked paticularly at the material culture
of trading patterns in WA.

Nayton G 1992c The importance of the maritime perspective to the
understanding of Australian historical archaeological sites. The Bulletin of
the Australian Institute for Maritime Archaeology 16.2:17-24.