HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alasdair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:13:51 +0100
Anita Cohen-Williams wrote:

> I have just finished a new Web site called The Archaeologist's Store
> <http://shop.affinia.com/anitacohen/Store>. Please take a look and let me
> know what you think (ooooo! Am I asking for it or what? ;-)  )

Anita,

Potentially really useful stuff, but the relevance of
the "music" section escapes me:

         Live In Gleisdorf, Austria
         by Howard "Guitar" Luedtke & Blue Max
         with Clyde Stu

Is this some sort of cultural thing I just don't get, and if
so, could you please immediately internationalise your site by
providing DVDs (and portable DVD players) featuring Morris
Dancing, poems from Welsh Eisteddfods and "Bagpipe Music
for archaeologists"?  ;-)

Full kudos, however, for providing access to written instructions
to a skill that often proves to be central to students on their
first field school.  Not that it's restricted to the latter,
mind ;-)....

         Sex in the Outdoors
         by Robert Rose,Buck
         Tilton(Contributor),Marc Bohne

         A humorous and fun look at a common
         camping skill. Everything you wanted to
         know about sex in the outdoors, but were
         afraid to ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alasdair Brooks
Department of Archaeology
University of York
King's Manor
York
YO1 7EP
England, UK
phone: 01904 433931
"The Buffalo tastes the same on both sides of the border"
Sitting Bull