From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 13:54:22 +0200
I, James Zehm, stated:

>>Beethoven was also an antisemit[e],

Joyce Maier ([log in to unmask]) argued for another opinion:

>But the events very well that Beethoven was not an antisemite in our sense
>of the word.

No, probably not, as he was a child of his time.  It was very common with
people being antisemits in Beethovens time, and I would like to say, even
all to the WWII.

But Joyce has a very good knowledge in Beethoven, which I should respect
(but it must have taken long time to read all about 1600 Beethoven
letters), and although I don't completely agree on all points, I declare
Joyce Maier the winner of this debate.

Joyce Maier wrote under another topic a time ago:

>BTW, those who can read Dutch, see my Beethoven website:

And for those who take interest in Beethoven, his works and life, I
strongly recommend Joyce Maiers Beethoven page at:

   http://www.ademu.demon.nl/Beethoven

Thanks for a good page Joyce!

James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>