From:
Ian Crisp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 20:01:34 +0100
Steve Schwartz responds to me:

>>What's wrong with Symphony 15?
>
>Absolutely nothing.  But I felt it didn't fit the definition supplied by
>the original post.  It's not an "autumnal" work.

And Janacek's Sinfonietta and Glagolitic Mass, to pick just one other
composer from the list, are "autumnal" works? I must visit New Orleans
sometime soon, before the climate changes.  Autumns over there must be
very different from the kind I'm used to in England.

BTW, my respect for Steve's knowledge and insight is boundless.  I'm just
trying to find out what he's hearing that I'm not, or possibly the other
way round.

Ian Crisp